Global Sydney Group is the best institute for PTE Coaching in Chandigarh. We have a fully equipped PTE laboratory with latest study material. Highly trained and PTE certified faculty always deliver best results.
Pearson Test of English is a standardized English Language Proficiency Test designed for non-native speakers of English. The test is managed and administered by Pearson. It is designed to meet the language proficiency requirement to study and immigrate to English speaking countries as it is assesses your speaking, writing, listening and reading abilities. Students must take it in order to study abroad in an English speaking country like Australia, or when they wish to become a permanent resident of such a country.
It consists of three main parts
PTE is a computer-based test with 20 different response formats tested across three sections.
Part 1: Speaking & Writing
(77 – 93 minutes)
· Personal Introduction
· Read aloud
· Repeat sentence
· Describe image
· Re-tell lecture
· Answer short question
· Summarize written text
Part 2: Reading
(32 – 40 minutes)
· Reading & writing: Fill in the blanks
· Multiple choice, choose multiple answers
· Re-order paragraphs
· Reading: Fill in the blanks
· Multiple choice, choose single answer
A ten minute break is optional
Part 3: Listening
(45 – 57 minutes)
· Summarize spoken text
· Multiple choice, choose multiple answer
· Fill in the blanks
· Highlight correct summary
· Multiple choice, choose single answer
· Select missing word
· Highlight incorrect words
· Write from dictation
The whole test is done in a single session in the time frame of 3 hours and is taken on a computer in a secured test environment.
What is the difference between the communicative and enabling skills?
Overall PTE Score
Your performance in every question of the test affects your Overall Score. It is comprehensively calculated on the basis of your performance and attempted questions.
Communicative Skills Scoring
Your Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing is score makes up the communicative skills score. There are several questions asked in the PTE-A test that tests more than one of these skills. For example, the task of ‘repeat sentence’ tests listening and speaking, the task of ‘read aloud’ tests reading and speaking. There are test questions which assess reading and writing, listening and writing or listening and reading. Thus, they affect the score of two skills.
Enabling Skills Scoring
Enabling Skills marks a test-taker’s performance in Writing and Speaking. Grammar, Oral Fluency, Pronunciation, Spelling, Vocabulary, Written Disclosure scores are determined as a part of enabling skills.
How They Are Assessed
Proper use of language and syntax
Clear, natural, and smooth speech
How words are spoken and whether spoken words are understood by most regular English speakers?
Whether AmE or BrE is followed throughout the test; also, spellings for everything are checked
Depending on lexical level and choice of words to convey the messages matter
Structure of the sentence, how well the message is conveyed, logical development, coherence, and linguistic resources’ level
Why PTE Coaching in Chandigarh
· Get the exam result within five days after writing the PTE
· Apply for admission in the foreign universities without waiting for the exam results
· Higher transparency in the system of marking; no chances of biased scoring as machines check the performance
· Recognized globally, scores accepted in over 6000 organizations all over the world like universities, colleges, immigration agencies and employers
· Questions from real-life settings, testing the language proficiency quickly
Advantages of PTE Coaching in Chandigarh at Global Sydney Group
· Activity-based tasks which engage students with useful information and practice
· Proficient and certified trainers with up-to-date information
· Small batches to give attention to each student
· Weekend groups for working professionals
· Adaptable class timings