Details for MBBS in Abroad
Every year, thousands of Indian Medical students face the prime concern of getting admission in a good medical institution for higher studies. Few students manage to clear the entrance tests for government universities while others keep looking for options in private universities. Most of the students cannot afford the high donation the private universities ask for. In such circumstances come the foreign medical universities to the salvage of Indian medical students. Many universities in different countries are offering MBBS and other medical programs at an affordable price, which is certainly not the case in Indian universities.
Nowadays, many countries offer high-quality medical education at very affordable prices. The students from various countries including India, China, Nepal and Bangladesh etc are willing to study MBBS in foreign countries. Amongst the top picks, come the countries like Russia, Ukraine, Germany and many such countries. The medical universities in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Germany and many other countries follow the international curriculum. The universities in these countries are approved by the major organizations like WHO and enlisted with MCI.
The process of admission in MBBS in medical universities abroad is very simple and hassle-free. In such destinations, there is no need to clear any entrance examination like TOEFL and IELTS.Why Study MBBS in Abroad
Studying MBBS abroad is a great opportunity for Indian students. There are a lot of advantages after choosing to complete your medical degree from foreign universities:
- MBBS at an affordable cost- Students who want to study MBBS in Abroad can get the best quality education at an affordable fee of 15-25 Lakhs INR.
- No Donation or Capitation Fee is required- To seek admission in any Indian Medical University parents have to pay a huge amount of donation or capitation fee excluding the yearly tuition fee. This is not the case in the Top Medical Universities Abroad. Medical universities of Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, China, etc. don’t accept any capitation fee or donation fee.
- No entrance test is required to seek Admission- For MBBS in Abroad, students need to secure a minimum of 50% in their 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They don’t even need to clear an entrance examination such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- Extremely low cost of living- This factor is highly dependent on the lifestyle of the student. The majority of foreign countries who are offering MBBS in Abroad are from Europe, where the cost of living is extremely low. If we talk about Russia, the monthly average living expense is somewhere between 100-150 USD $ (Indian Rupee- 69.31 INR) including all overhead expenses.
- Best World Class Infrastructure- Medical universities of Abroad offer world class Infrastructure with all the latest equipment.
- Opportunity to get great International Exposure- Students will get the chance to meet the students coming from different countries, ethnicity, and background in the Top Medical Universities Abroad. This exposure will be of great help for all the students trying to settle in a new country.
- English Taught Programs- Medical universities of Abroad use the English language as the medium of education. It’s not mandatory for students to learn the local language of the country to study MBBS in that country. However, it is beneficial for the students and assists them in their holistic development.
- Availability of Hostel- All the medical universities of Abroad provides comfortable and cosy hostel accommodation to all its international students. Indian students will be happy to know that the majority of medical universities Abroad, offer Indian food too.
The major questions students have in their mind is that after completing MBBS what other steps will follow. After completion of the MBBS course, the students need to complete 3 more steps.
- To clear the MCI Screening Test / FMGE Exam.
- Complete 1 year of internship in India.
- To register with MCI as a medical practitioner.
After completing the above process, the medical students can appear for NEET for PG (Entrance test for PG leading to MD / MS). The completion of the above steps after completion of MBBS abroad, entitles a student to appear for the PG program in India.
Best Universities for MBBS in Abroad
Some of the top medical universities in abroad are listed below:
- Tver State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Perm State Medical University
- Mari State University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Osh State University
- Jalalabad State University
- International School of Medicine
- Kyiv National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS in Abroad:
Admission criteria reserved for Indian students to seek admission in MBBS in any of the Best Medical Universities of Abroad are mentioned below:
- Indian Medical aspirant (non- reserved category) must have secured a minimum of 50% in their 12th from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For reserved category such as (SC/ST/OBC) medical aspirants can apply with the minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, according to the guidelines of MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Medical aspirants have to be NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), as it is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
Important Details about FMGE, MCI Screening Test and USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination):
The abbreviation FMGE stands for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination and is also known as MCI Screening Test. National Boards of Examination is the body responsible for conducting this exam/test. This test is mandatory for all Indian and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) to get a provisional or permanent license with the MCI (Medical Council of India) of SMC (State Medical Council); as per the regulations of the screening test.
Students studying MBBS in Abroad have to appear and clear the MCI screening test to get a license for practising their medical career in India. However, clearing the MCI screening test is necessary for all foreign return graduates, if they want to practice their medical career in India.
MCI screening test (FMGE) tends to be the most difficult exam of your medical career, but yes, if you have a strong foundation on your medical studies gained from the Top Medical Universities Abroad, then you can be easily come out it with flying colours.
The students can apply for FMGE registration, only after they return back to India after their completion of MBBS in Abroad. The exam will be completely computer-based conducted at various different centres across India. The exam is organized twice in a year (December & June).
USMLE- United States Medical Licensing Examination is a three-step medical examination which allows the medical graduates to practice their medical career in the U.S. All medical aspirants can appear only three times within 12 months for USMLE.
The USMLE is under the governance of two medical bodies- the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
Option for Higher Education in the field of Medicine
Students who are looking ahead of pursuing their post-graduation in the field of medicine Russia is the best medical destination among all the countries who are providing Post-Graduation in medicine. Medical post-graduation from Russia is believed to be one of the best and wise options for all the students who want to study PG in medicine in Abroad. The degree awarded the medical universities of Russia after the completion of medical post-graduation is of M.D (Medicine Faculty) or M.S (Master of Surgery).
It is mandatory for the students to complete the 1-year preparatory department before they start their main course.
The duration of post-graduate or Clinical Residency programs:
- Surgical- 3 years
- Non-surgical- 2 years
Planning to study MBBS in Abroad or Medical Post-Graduation in Russia then visit Rus Education as it is one of the eminent organization helping Indian medical aspirants to select the best and suitable university to achieve their dream of becoming a qualified doctor and get a license to practice in India, from last 25 years.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan is the hub of medical education in Central Asia.
- The course duration is of 6 years.
- 4000+ India Medical aspirants are pursuing their MBBS with High-Quality medical education.
- You can become a globally recognized doctor in just 10-15 Lakhs (INR).
- All the medical universities are approved by Medical Council of India.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Russia
- The course duration of MBBS in Russia is of 6 years (internship mandatory in Russia).
- The yearly tuition fee at top medical colleges in Russia with the low living cost is about Rs. 4.50 Lakh.
- MCI screening test coaching is available.
- Admission is for high-quality students with 50% in PCB at 12th level.
- Highest Indian students to study MBBS Abroad among all the countries.
- 20:1 is the student-faculty ratio with world class infrastructure and large patients flow in Moscow.
- All medical universities are MCI approved.
- Rs. 30-35 Lakhs is the total budget to study MBBS in Russia in ‘A’ graded Universities.
- Total budget required to study MBBS in Russia in ‘B’ graded Universities is of Rs. 15-20 Lakhs.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine
- The duration of MBBS course in Ukraine is of 6 years (internship mandatory in Ukraine).
- 30:1 is the student-faculty ratio with the world-class infrastructure with large patients flows in Odessa.
- Total budget required to study MBBS in Ukraine in any ‘B’ Graded University is around Rs. 17-22 Lakhs.
- MCI screening test coaching is available in Top Medical Universities of Ukraine.
- All Medical Universities in Ukraine are approved and recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)