About New Zealand
- New Zealand is the youngest country on earth – the last major landmass to be discovered. It has a rich and fascinating history, reflecting both our Maori and European heritage. It is well known for its vast open spaces filled with stunning rugged landscapes, gorgeous beaches, often spectacular geothermal and volcanic activity, a temperate climate and fascinating animal and plant life ,in addition to its unique and dynamic culture. Their place in the South Pacific, and their love for the outdoors, sport, and the arts make New Zealanders and their culture unique in the world.
Why Study in New Zealand
New Zealand is one of the world's best places to live and study and is emerging as one of the topmost preferences among Indian students looking forward to study abroad.
Here are some of the top key principle reasons why you should choose New Zealand for your further education.
- World-renowned universities providing world-class education
New Zealand is one of the most attractive foreign education destinations for international students looking for a high quality of education. All eight universities of the country ranked high in QS World ranking and Times higher education ranking providing the best possible opportunity for the students.
- Affordable course fee
New Zealand has the lowest tuition among all other countries study abroad.
- Less stringent entry requirements
Entry requirements are moderate and hence international students can easily apply for the courses they offer. The government invests a considerable amount of money in its higher education sector, both in quality and infrastructure, aiming to attract more students . In fact, they allocate the highest percentage of public funding to education in the world.
- Ease of visa acquisition and residency
Thanks to streamlined and point-based visa application process which eliminates any ambiguity and inclines the New Zealand study visa success rate. Further, many universities provide on-campus visa renewal and extension services to international students for a quick, hassle-free, and proper application process.
- Safe and welcoming environment
The low crime rates make this destination safer for international students. Since the country has never witnessed any major war in its history, while studying here, students can be assured of a welcoming and friendly environment with an extraordinary support system.
- Opportunities to explore while studying in New Zealand
New Zealand is a beautiful country with a picturesque landscape with unique fauna and flora. You can enjoy the mesmerizing view of rolling green hills, glaciers, beaches, mountains and so on. New Zealand is a heaven for hikers and trekkers, and natural beauty junkies. Cities are a cosmopolitan mix of cafes, shopping, movies, and nightlife.
- Chances to stay in
After completing your studies in New Zealand; students can apply for a Graduate Job Search Work Visa for a maximum duration of 12 months. After getting the job offer letter , you can apply for a visa up to 2 or 3 years under the Study to Work category.
- Numerous Scholarships in New Zealand
The New Zealand Government, universities and private institutions provide numerous scholarships for international students seeking to study in New Zealand.
EDUCATION SYSTEM OF NEW ZEALAND
It primarily lays emphasis on both educational attainment and practical learning. It is rated as one of the best education systems in the world and is based on a 3-tier model which includes primary and intermediate schooling, then secondary schooling (high schools) and the final one is the tertiary education at universities and polytechnics.
Universities in New Zealand provide a wide range of courses and programs to the students depending on their area of interest which boosts the flexibility.
WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY
It is always advisable to start sending queries at least 6–8 months before the proposed date of admission. There are two intakes in a year: in January and July. Certain institutions do offer multiple intakes in the month of September and November. They start accepting applications in August prior to the academic year, you are applying for. Application forms are available online, request it via email or you can collect them from our offices. Applications for vocational courses are open in March, April, May, July, and October (do check the university/institution).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDIES IN NEW ZEALAND
The general eligibility criteria for studies in New Zealand are mentioned below:
- Both undergraduate and Master courses, the applicant must have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS for (the score depends on the course and university).
- Several universities ask for a minimum score of 50 in PTE Academic for undergraduate and 64 for Masters Courses.
- 12 years of elementary and secondary education (12th /Intermediate).
- Most universities accept a minimum of 75% aggregate marks and a minimum of 60% in English
- Mathematics in class XII as a requirement (for some Sciences and Technology courses).
- Minimum mandatory IELTS/PTE Academic scores
Masters in New Zealand
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum compulsory IELTS / PTE Academic scores.
- Relevant work experience (for MBA and IT program).
DOCUMENT CHECKLIST FOR APPLYING TO UNIVERSITIES IN NEW ZEALAND
The lists of documents required for applying to universities are:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 10 Passing Certificate
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Class 12 Passing Certificate
- Bachelor's Mark sheets
- Provisional Certificate/Graduation Degree
- Supportive documents:
- Appointment letter/work experience letters
- Proof of work experience (for courses like MBA and Masters in IT)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diplomas certificates if relevant
- GMAT/GRE results
- IELTS/ PTE Academic scores
- Letter of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of other extracurricular and co-curricular activities to support your application.
Financial Documents required are:
- A valid passport
- An offer letter from a New Zealand education provider for an NZQA approved the course.
- Proof of sufficient funds:
- Money for tuition fee (self/sponsor)
- Financial undertaking by the sponsor to cover living expenses.
- Scholarship letter (if applicable).
- The student must show that they are having NZ$ 15,000 per annum to support their living expenses.
- Evidence for air tickets that you will leave New Zealand after completing studies in New Zealand.
- The complete the medical examination report and chest X-ray for courses having a duration of more than 1 year.
- The international students planning to study in New Zealand for more than 2 years must submit a police certificate.
- Medical insurance is mandatory
- TT receipt /Fee receipt